Terms and Conditions for Participating in Auctions
By placing a bid for any item, the bidder understands and accepts these terms and conditions:
- Auction participation by a bidder may be suspended or revoked at the sole discretion of the DOT for failure of a bidder to complete a transaction, or any other conduct that disrupts the auction process.
- Current State of Hawaii employees are not eligible to bid.
- Auction items are "as is." By participating in the auction, bidders accept the condition of items.
- Each bid is a legal offer to purchase the item subject to auction. Upon the completion of the bidding process, the winning bid constitutes a legal and binding contract to purchase the item. By law, we may pursue legal action to enforce the contract and ask that the court charge you with the court expenses including our attorney fees. Alternatively, if we do not receive your payment within seventy-two (72) hours, we may choose to cancel your bid, and either re-auction the item, or offer it to the next highest bidder(s). In such case we have the right to recover the difference between your bid and the final sale price, together with court costs and our attorneys' fees.
- Payment must be made online within seventy-two (72) hours of the close of the auction with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express). Payment will not be accepted at the pick-up location.
Item(s) may be picked up in person by the winning bidder, his/her representative or a shipping company.
If a pick-up is to be made by someone other than the winning bidder, the winner must provide in writing:
a) identity of person or shipping company; b) and Item #. Send email to
the subject line "Auction Pick-Up – Item #" (enter your item number after the # sign).
- Upon pick-up, the winning bidder or his/her representative must present a picture ID and receipt.
- If pick-up is to be made by a shipping company, the name of the winning bidder and Item # must be provided to airport staff. The winning bidder is responsible for all arrangements with the shipping company including: a) pick-up; b) packing; c) shipping; d) and payment. Airport staff will not pack and ship auction items won.
Lost and Found Office - Daniel K. Inouye International Airport
Ground level of Terminal 2 parking lot in the center.
Entrance to Terminal 2 parking is on the second level, far left lane, across lobby 5 and 6.
Hours: 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Closed on State of Hawaii holidays.
Phone: (808) 836-6683
Items not picked-up within fourteen (14) days after payment is made will be re-auctioned and otherwise dealt with as abandoned property.
Each auction item is subject to the right of the true owner to redeem his or her property.
By law, lost and surrendered items at Hawaii Airports may be redeemed by the true owner
upon showing satisfactory proof of ownership at the lost and found office prior
to the conclusion of the auction of that item. For inquiries, contact: email@example.com
- The bidding process may be subject to regulations established from time to time by the State of Hawaii and Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC.